DEPARTMENT OF RENEWABLE ENERGY, HARYANA
The Department of Renewable Energy is responsible for formulating policies and programmes necessary for popularizing the applications of various non -conventional and renewable sources of energy in the State. It is implementing various schemes concerning utilization of solar energy, bio gas, micro hydel, biomas Energy etc. The Department is also acting as a State Designated Agency for the implementation of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 in the State for taking full advantage of fiscal and financial incentives made available by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt of India and Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) and to give impetus to the process of implementation, State Govt. has set up a new agency called Haryana Renewable Energy Development Agency (HAREDA) in May, 1997. This agency is acting as a nodal agency to implement the various centrally and state sponsored schemes/ projects in the area of renewable energy in the State.
HAREDA has been Implementing the following Programmes/ Projects :
Technologies used :
Benefits to the customer/Department :
- Promote the policies and programmes necessary for popularizing the applications of various new and renewable energy technologies in the State.
- Create awareness about the uses of solar based various technologies among the public.
- Promote the installation of power plants based on renewable energy sources for Energy Security.
- Promote the energy conservation measures for efficient use of energy resources.
- Promote green building design for efficient use of energy in housing, commercial and industrial sector.
Project Highlights :
Challenges Faced :
- Delay in processing applications
- Difficult to track actual statistics
- Difficult to gather correct information from 22 districts of Haryana.
- Difficult to track the working efficiency of District level officers.
- Real time information about all services was not available.